cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Profile 1 - Microsoft Edge" cannot be used as a window title for attaching in version 7.2.2

martin.hanton
Level 2

Hi,

When trying to attach to an Edge browser window, we used to be able to use the "Profile 1 - Microsoft Edge" verbiage that is present in every window title by default (in version 6.10.3). Version 7.7.2 doesn't seem to recognize this window title text and it is causing issues in regression testing of our automations. Is there any work around for this?

Sometimes it throws this error too:
ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach' - Failed to attach - An exception was thrown while activating BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.

I'll greatly appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

Martin

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @martin.hanton 

Have you tried adding * making regex to the title to include spaces?

Thank you

Shreya Satish Udagave Technical Architect | Associate Consultant Northern Trust Operating Services, Pune Email- [EmailAddress]

Hi Shreya,

Yes, the actual window title that worked for us in the previous version was "*Profile 1 - Microsoft Edge".  It was very useful for attaching to basically any website running in Edge. However, it doesn't work with 7.2.2.

It seems that the BP extension for Edge can no longer see this part of the window title. I'm wondering if it has something to do with permissions (i.e. if launching Edge as admin would help), or if it's related to the Manifest V3 somehow.

Thanks,

Martin

plsavard
Level 2

Hello, 

We are seeing this exact error message intermittently when attaching to various applications using a window title (Chrome, a Java application and a Windows application callled ABBYY FineReader). This has been occurring since we upgraded from 7.1.1 to 7.2.2. Any suggestions to help mitigate this is appreciated.

1. Check with the browser extension version. Currently, v7.1.2 extension is working fine for BP v7.3 (which I have been using).
  2. Clear the history of microsoft edge before running the code.
  3. Ensure all instances of MEdge are closed & then launch a fresh session to perform this activity.
  4. Try the same activity by just giving "*Profile 1*"; as the spaces can be a possible reason to unidentified the window title.

Shreya Satish Udagave Technical Architect | Associate Consultant Northern Trust Operating Services, Pune Email- [EmailAddress]

1. Check the browser extension version.
  2. Go to browser extension details & click on extension options.
  3. It can be highly possible that after the upgrade the time-taken to identify the window is higher than before; try changing the timeout configuration & then retry.

shreyakhot_0-1722091680528.png

Hope this helps.

Yes, we too noticed the same Profile 1 issue in Edge and had to update app modeller elements using wildcard. This is probably a new Edge update.