cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Published" Importing to QA from Dev in 6.5

TomDixon
Level 2
I seem to loose the ​a processes "published" functionality when importing from Dev.  We are using v6.5 and are about 50/50 when it comes to whether or not the published function remains.  Are other people experiencing this as well? Is there a setting that needs to be changed.  Thank you. Tom

------------------------------
Tom Dixon
SVP Continuous Improvement & Intelligent Automation
Citizens Bank
Johnston, RI
401-260-1170
Tom Dixon SVP Continuous Improvement & Intelligent Automation Citizens Bank Johnston, RI 401-260-1170
8 REPLIES 8

DaveMorris
Level 14
You're not the only one. Happens to us as well. I haven't looked into it enough to discover the reason or a pattern for it.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

BrentonWestwood
Level 5
Tom, you are not alone.   I have experienced that a number of times in version 6.5.   It would seem that it happens if the process already exists in the higher/other environment.   I believe that if the process is new and goes into the other environment that the "Published" attribute will persist.    I need to test this more and see if that pattern is consistent.   Anyway, the need to go and Publish processes that are imported to production is an edit to the process on production and that is bad.   Maybe I do not know another way to Publish processes but making edits to processes in production is not very compliant.

Brent Westwood
Southern Company​

Brenton Westwood
Systems Analyst
Southern Company
America/Kentucky/Monticello

david.flores
Staff
Staff

Hello, 

This is due to a known issue in BP v6.5 (BG-3285). It's being fixed in future releases; however, the following workarounds are available:

Workaround 1: If you run the same import again, it will ask you how you want to deal with the conflict of the DB not having a published Process and the Release having a published Process. So, you can quickly publish your Processes again this way.

Workaround 2: After importing, from the command line "<drive>\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate" execute the following command automatec /publish "<process name>" /user "<userid>" <password>

You can also reference automatec /Help for more command line help.

Regards,

David Flores
Sr. Product Consultant
blue prism
Regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [JobTitle] [CompanyName]

@david.flores I just facepalmed when I read Workaround 2. I completely forgot about the CLI command to publish processes. And I just tried Workaround 1 in our environment and it works as you said. Thank you!​

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

@Dave Morris Glad this information helped! ​

Regards,

David Flores
Sr. Product Consultant
blue prism
Regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [JobTitle] [CompanyName]

BrentonWestwood
Level 5
Tom,

Version 6.5.1 was release on Sunday, 8/12, but it appears that some of us did not get the normal email notification.   Anyway, ​the issue should be fixed in version 6.5.1 as David Flores mentioned.   I see this in the release notes:  BG-3285:  When importing a release that includes a published process, if a published process with the

same name already exists on the database, the status is no longer incorrectly changed to unpublished.

Brenton Westwood
Systems Analyst
Southern Company

Does a known problem list or log exist somewhere for BP versions? This issue has caused some substantial problems for me.

Stephen Rush
Automation Systems Analyst
Australia/Sydney

Update:   I installed v6.5.1 and it fixed this Publishing issue and the issue with Actions loading slowly.    The v6.5.1 install worked fine and there is no database update when upgrading from v6.5 to v6.5.1 nor any Login Agent update.   Thus, this is an easy upgrade (way easier than the v6.5 upgrade).

Brenton Westwood
Systems Analyst
Southern Company