cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resourcepc /local option

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,

I tried the /local switch for resource pc but I cannot get it working as the resources stay hidden (resource log says connection is rejected) in Control even visible in resource management. 

Use parameters: /resourcepc /local /port 8180 /sso /invisible /dbconname xxx

Any ideas how this works?

Thanks

------------------------------
Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna
4 REPLIES 4

david.l.morris
Level 14
Try using /public the first time you use the new port. Then close the RR process, and then run it as /local.

What happened for me is that I used the new port but the first time I ran it, I also used the /local switch. This does seem to work but it doesn't list the Resource in Control Room, even though an entry will be created in the Resource Management section in the System tab. So, I started like this first:
"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /port 8180 /sso /public /dbconname db_connection_name_here

Then after it added the Runtime Resource entry into Control Room with the port number appended to the name like 'MachineName:8180', I exited the RR process. And then I ran it like this:
"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /port 8180 /sso /local /dbconname db_connection_name_here

And it shows up for me in Control Room now as a local resource, assuming I'm logged into the same machine.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately this does not work for me.

I have tried with a completely new port so the /public resource is new to Blue Prism. It shows up in Control and in Resource Management of course.
I closed the resource and started it again with /public replaced by /local. I could observe how the previously registered resource disappeared from Control

I am using 6.4, if this might make a difference.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna

Hi Walter, the same thing happens to me (v6.5). I can only seem to get it working on the default port 8181. My understanding is this is old functionality and is basically an external version of the internal personal Runtime Resource option:

25083.png

It is only controllable from within control room and it appears to only work on the default port 8181. 

Can I ask the reason why you are trying to make use of this functionality? 

James Marsh
Technical Consultant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Hello,
The idea was to have a dedicated resource only used by Blue Prism itself for internal / operational things, running on and controlled by application server (and who ever is allowed to connect there). Another option is of course to create a restricted folder and move the resource there.
Since we already came across this option we wanted to evaluate its usage to know its capabilities.
Regards​

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Europe/Vienna