cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to spy the elements in blue prism browser mode using chrome

LaxmanRanaveni
Level 2

Hi All,

Unable to spy the elements in blue prism browser mode using chrome. Please assist with the same. Thank You.

Below are the version details.

Blueprism version: 6.7

Chrome version: 114.0.5735.110

Blueprism Browser Extension: 2.1.0

------------------------------
Laxman Ranaveni
6 REPLIES 6

What is the error that you are getting? 

Check the browser extension compatibility here

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

There is no error persisting. I'm unable to spy any element through browser mode in chrome and unable to highlight the any existing element which was already there in application modeler. although I'm using right versions of extensions.

Laxman Ranaveni

You can restart your system or blueprism logout and login can check still issue is coming or not.

You can open blueprism application as admin and check.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Jagadish Patro

Sheela
Level 5

Terminating chrome properly after processing. As a workaround, you can restart the machine. 

If above didn't work, then check enabling 'Use Fixed browser extension port'

Sheela Parthasarathy
Assistant Vice President
Deutsche Bank Group
Pacific/Apia

diane.sanzone
Level 7

Hi Laxman,

It sounds like you might not be properly attached.  If you roll through the various spy methods, are you able to identify anything in Win32 or UIA?  I've found that if UIA is the only thing that works well, usually that means I'm not really attached.

Chrome opens multiple processes with each new tab.  I would check your attach stage to make sure you're attached to "chrome" process with a valid window title.  If that doesn't fix it, try child index 0 or 1.  For development purposes, if possible, try to have only one Chrome window and one Chrome tab open while spying elements (I know it's not always possible).  If you still can't spy/highlight correctly and you've tried all of this and the other suggestions (reboot, etc.) you can try attaching via PID. It's a bit of a pain to do it, but there is an action for "read memory stats" in the environment utility.  You pass in the "Chrome" process name and it will return a collection of process names and PIDs. PID is a valid input on the attach stage. You loop through the PIDs, attaching to each one, waiting for a valid element on the screen, the detaching if it's not found.  Be careful to never attach to the PID = 0 (Idle Process). It'll lock up BP and you'll have to kill it.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Diane Sanzone

Hi Laxman,

There are two scenarios.

1. If you have run the process from the control room at least once then you have to restart Blue Prism services or you have to restart or logout from the server and log in again to  work on Browser spy mode. This issue has been fixed by Blue Prism you can say from 6.10 Onwards.
  2. If you are multiple users are using same server for development then if any other user is opened chrome with their login then also browser mode will not work as it will attach the first opened chrome instance. So you need to take care of those things.

Amlan Sahoo
Senior RPA Consultant
WonderBotz
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo