cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uses of /createcredential

SANJIBSINHA
Level 4
Could you please guide me how to use /createcredential or is there any document ?

------------------------------
SANJIB SINHA
Software Senior Engineer
TELSTRA
Asia/Kolkata
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Sanjib,

1)

Open the command prompt and navigate to the blue prism root folder

(You may need to open it as an Administrator)

30335.png

2)

AutomateC.exe /createcredential <credname> <username> <password> [/description <string>] [/expirydate <yyyyMMdd>] [/invalid <flag>] [/credentialtype <string>]

3)

You can find documentation in the Blue Prism knowledge base site.

or

AutomateC.exe options

AutomateC.exe is a command-line tool used to script activities that are possible in the Blue Prism Interactive Client. To launch the /help, open a command prompt, and run these two commands:

cd /d "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate"

AutomateC.exe /help

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Thanks a lot for quick reply. I want to create Credentials using the command line. Can i do bulk creation at a time ?

SANJIB SINHA
Software Senior Engineer
TELSTRA
Asia/Kolkata

There's no feature to bulk create credentials, so you would need to use a loop and call /createcredential or /updatecredential for each credential that you need to create/update. I think it takes a second or two per credential if I remember right so you'd be able to create between 30-60 per minute. That estimate may be off. I'm just giving you a guess because if you're creating 500 at once, plan to use several minutes to create them all.

Link to the other post similar to this one

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

thanks for your reply. 

AutomateC.exe /createcredential <credname> <username> <password> [/description <string>] [/expirydate <yyyyMMdd>] [/invalid <flag>] [/credentialtype <string>]

in the above cmd user id and password should i use the blueprism uder credentials or the databse ? if i have not activated the SSO

SANJIB SINHA
Software Senior Engineer

Asia/Kolkata

Hi Sanjib,

The user name and password are the one you use to access to the Blue Prism Login screen for that particular database connection.

30346.png

Hossein Azimi
Customer Support Engineer, APAC
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

i am using the below command line
AutomateC.exe /createcredential "Bearer Test Credential" admin "Test_Password" /credentialtype "BearerToken" /description "Created with AutomateC" /expirydate 20200120
Error: You must supply valid login details for that action, not sure where is the issue. With the same cred i am able to login to Bp. 

Do i need any additional setup ?

SANJIB SINHA
Software Senior Engineer
TELSTRA
Asia/Kolkata