cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service implementation

Himanshu_Negi
Level 2
How does a blue prism web service actually works . I have a blue prism process for reading email exposed as a web service now how can I configure it to run on client sytem to return his emails to him .Do the user need to have bp installed to run a blue prism web service on his system.
7 REPLIES 7

Saransh_Shetty
Level 3
Read the PDF ganje

its not there in pdf shetty

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I am not sure your use case sounds like one where Web Services would be used? Web Services are used as a way of seperate technologies communicating - so using it as a way 'returning emails' to a user may not be valid? There is a guide to web services in the product documentation area of the portal. If you have a specific use case you are trying to find a solution for it may be worth contacting your Blue Prism Delivery Enablement Manager.

BartWille
Level 3
Does the user need to install BP... I don't think that exposing your object or process would change anything in running BluePrism in this sense. If you want to run BP on your computer, you'll need to have it installed. The upside of having your process as a webservice is that you'll be able to communicate through the web with different systems. Yet, BluePrism itself is still running from some computer on which it is installed.

If you mean the consumer of the web service, no - it's exposed as a typical SOAP web service. A 3rd-party consumer will require credentials that allow access to the object in Blue Prism, but otherwise can interact with it the way it would with any SOAP service. More details are available in the Web Services User Guide available at https://portal.blueprism.com/product/documentation.

PatrickChilders
Level 3
The Web Services guide mentions a resource zip file that contains an example of a visual studio project that consumes the SOAP service. I can't seem to find this zip file no matter where I look. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

PatrickChilders
Level 3
@bastiaan Turned out that I was created Service References where i needed to create a web reference. Visual Studio's route to making the web references is a bit unintuitive. Thank you very much