cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david.l.morris
Level 14

Current behavior: If you add, edit, or delete an environment variable and then navigate away to another tab (away from the System tab) without clicking Apply and then come back to the System tab and go to environment variables, you'll see that your add/edit/delete wasn't actually committed to the database. This is not a great user experience. What makes this even worse is that at least in v7.3.1, you can navigate to another part of the System tab and then come back to Environment Variables (thinking this will have refreshed them), and you'll see your updates are still there. Only when you navigate away from the System tab and come back are you able to identify that the change was discarded. I know someone who once deleted hundreds of environment variables that weren't needed anymore only to find out later that all that effort was negated because he didn't see the Apply button at the bottom right or simply forgot to click it.

Suggested new behavior: As soon as you navigate away from the Environment Variables screen, a modal dialog popup should show asking whether you want to Apply changes or not. It would be awesome if it told you what environment variables are affected but that isn't a big deal to me.

Secondary suggested new behavior: 6 years ago, someone made a good suggestion here, but that was back before the current version of the Blue Prism Community, so I wanted to bring it here in the Ideas section. The suggestion was to add some kind of indicator next to each environment variable that was added/updated showing that the changes have not yet been saved. I think this would be nice but isn't required, in my opinion.

If this suggestion has already been made in the Ideas section here, I couldn't find it.