cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walter.Koller
Level 11

some findings on how task order is defined by BP can be found in my comment below

In BP client Control tab, Schedules are ordered by their names and tasks according to their creation.
Schedules can be arranged by structured names.
The order of Tasks is defined by when they have been created that makes organizing Schedules unnecessary difficult over time.
eg:
Schedule: (numbers show the logical order)
- Login (1.)
- Process (2.)
- Logout (3.)
Now when adding a second process to be executed after the existing one it would look like:
Schedule:
- Login (1.)
- Process (2.)
- Logout (4.)
- Process2 (3.)

It would be better to order the Tasks by their names so order can be easily amended as needed by prefixes in their names.

5 Comments
PvD_SE
Level 12
Much can be said about the ControlRoom UI, its sorting and maintenance. For this reason I support any idea that leads to an improvement.
Walter.Koller
Level 11
BP orders tasks according to the tree given by OK / nOK branches.
Step 1: OK> Step 2, nOK> Step 4
Step 2: OK> Step 3, nOK> Step 4
Step 3: OK> Step 4, nOK> Step 4
Step 4: Stop, Abort

BP's order will be as reading the lines:
Step 1, Step 2, Step 4
(Step2,) Step 3, (Step 4)
(Step 3, Step 4, Step 4)
(Step 4)
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Walter,

To begin, I agree we can improve this to make it easier to rearrange the order of the tasks, rather than simply on when they were created.

A workaround available today (Blue Prism 7.0.1), you can drop a task to the bottom of the list by copying and pasting.  Which in-effect creates a new duplicate task (created later than the original), where you then rewire up the other tasks to it and then remove the original.

• I appreciate this is not viable at a large scale, but for the odd few where it is annoying, you can adjust them.

Kind regards
Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you @Walter Koller

I’ve set the Idea Status to Reviewed, and left it open for the community to comment on and vote for too.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C Blue Prism

ThomasLagerwerf
Level 1

The fact that such a trivial feature as task reordering still isn’t implement greatly bothers me. Earliest comments on this issue are posted in 2017…