cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murali_KrishnaB
Level 3
We are using BluePrism v6.4.2 currently and as per our observation we found that Event Logs from Event viewer has same Event ID i.e. 0(zero) for different level of error levels(Critical,Error, Warnings and information). It would be really helpful if the Event ID are different for different log level to configure easily for monitoring tools like BMC Patrol, Splunk and other monitoring tools to set-up automated alerts
3 Comments
kevintitchard
Level 2
​I second that. I am writing PowerShell scripts to dig out errors in the event logs to diagnose issues and its a minefield with every entry being event ID 0.
FrédéricTARDY
Level 2

I'd say event ID are not to be mixed with criticity level

we'd like event ID to sort through the different sources of messages (is this event related to a process execution, to login agent, to an error in database or communication... ?), and then add criticity level.
something like :
- the event is just a regular communication from the running process : information
- if the event written just before giving up and disconnecting the runtime from the environment ? this should be high criticity
- do the event is only a retry : warning
- are we losing database communication ? maybe you want highest criticity as the environment will have to stop ?

yeah, i know. easier said than done 🙂

LuisFernandez1
Level 1
Its critical for all clients that the ID of the events are different than 0.

ALL applications that write events in event viewer stay with a different ID excepto Blueprism 😞 

Please... we are in 2022 and we think that it is basic to monitor problems in our platforms.