cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdx0751
Level 4
Right now in Blue Prism 7.0, you can filter for sessions in the Control tab, but you can't view all the results. There is no 'next page' button or way to see results that do not fit on the first page of results. The best you can do is change your sorting between ascending and descending, but if the result you want is in a middle page (not the first or last page of results), you can't access it.

Others have suggested more custom filtering on the Control tab, which would also solve this issue. At the very least, I am asking for the ability to click through multiple pages of results when I filter for sessions in the Control tab.
7 Comments
JamesWoods1
Level 3
Good call. This used to be in the control room. I'm not sure what version it was killed off in, but I certainly miss it. I think it showed the session count for the current filters too.
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @jdx0751,

Did you see that you have the choice to show up to 10,000 sessions (the Show option on the right)

What do you want to see all the Sessions for? 

• I’m assuming it’s not for day-to-day operational reasons but something else and knowing what that reason is would help us to better understand why you would find that useful so we can deliver a better experience to you.

Also, within the browser-based Blue Prism Hub Control interface, we have included this ability on all the data views, including Sessions:

- https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/hub-interact/4-5/en-us/control-room/control-room-sessions.htm

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Product Manager

Blue Prism

jdx0751
Level 4
Hi Chris,

I'm not sure where the option is to show up to 10,000 sessions. Could you maybe send a screenshot? I looked through the Session Management area again and did not find that option.

The need is mainly related to Production support. When issues are reported with an automated process, my team goes back to the session logs to troubleshoot. Sometimes it is also helpful to see what processes ran on the same resource before and after the session that had issues. If we don't get to the session logs fast enough, they end up on a page we cannot access because we can't page through the sessions. A runtime resource can easily run 150 processes in a day, so I can access approximately the last 5 days of session logs with the current set up. However, processes on web servers run way more frequently, so I can only access about 1 day of session logs in the Session Management view right now. If a problem happened 2 days ago and wasn't reported immediately, I don't have a way to get to those session logs via the Control room.

Although my team is interested in using Hub, we have had trouble getting the tool set up in our existing environment, so we are not able to integrate Hub for the time being. It's good to know the capability is in Hub though.
chris.strong
Staff
Staff
Hello @jdx0751

I'm unable to added screenshots into the comments for ideas, I'm sure they'll be a good reason for that.

But, I did go looking on the Community and found one that someone else had uploaded one I can reference: https://community.blueprism.com/HigherLogic/System/DownloadDocumentFile.ashx?DocumentFileKey=fed40f0d-ecad-41de-9f92-a3b5a157094b&forceDialog=0

One the right of Control Room, above the sessions (we call this the Environment panel), there is a Show drop down which is for the Number of rows (Sessions) to display.

I'd guess 10,000 is enough to see all the Sessions you are interested in at any given time.  (certainly more than the default 500)

JamesWoods1
Level 3
That option went away sometime around v7.0

I don't know what version that screenshot is from since it's not in the window title, but it's not 7.0 because the version number was added to the main window title around then.

​As for the practicality, I think our new hard coded limit is 100 sessions. When you have a process triggering every let's say 10 minutes, that fills up pretty quick. Combined with the extremely restricted date filter options, it makes looking at anything other than what's happening right now in the control room pretty useless. Of course we can still access the session logs from the system tab and use better filters there as a workaround. But it's still baffles me why we keep losing things that have been working perfectly fine.
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @James and @jdx0751,

James, you’ve found it.  That insight into specifically 7.0.0 sent me looking again as I have Blue Prism 7.0.1 installed.

The Show option is back with the Blue Prim 7.0.1 patch release.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-0/en-us/release-notes/rn-7-0-1.htm

“The Show filter which determines the number of session logs displayed in Control Room now displays as expected. This was incorrectly not displayed in version 7.0.”

​​
jdx0751
Level 4
Thanks, Chris and James for helping me get to the bottom of this. So I guess this "idea" is moot because the session viewing has been improved in a future version of Blue Prism already. Hopefully this discussion helps others also find that the solution is an older or newer version of Blue Prism (i.e. not 7.0.0).