cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MallikarjunaDon
Level 3

Hi Team, We have 60+ Process created and each process has average of 10 to 15 environment variables, which is going to nearly 600+ Environment variables created. The challenges we are facing is searching the required environment variables to update values. As there are many Env. Var. created, we see that, slowness in scrolling to required variable. This we are facing for 60+ Process, if we cross 100+ process, it will be tedious to serach the required Env. variable. So, is it possible to allow developer to create a folder for the respective process, under that, he/she can create environment variables with respect to that process. So for 60 process, we will end up in creating 60 folders, under that we can have 'n' number of Env. variables. This will be easy to search the variable, fast accessing and will be well organized. Please let me know, if this can be implemented in all version of BP (atleast starting from 6.8.0). I have attached reference screenshot of control room, same way, if you could implement for Environment variables also.

5 Comments
MichaelChapman
Level 1

This would be a GREAT idea to implement!

PvD_SE
Level 12

There have been previous requests asking for the same thing. So far none have been implemented. I do hope this one finally will be granted and combined with the previous requests as the current situation becomes harder to handle.

PurushottamJosh
Level 1

That is a great idea. It will be super helpful if Blue Prism can organize the environment variables in a folder structure.

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi Mallikaarjuna - to counter this issue- We started using a JSON file for all the environment variables as Key and Value Pairs related to a process.
but yeah getting a folder would be a good idea. e.g in expression inside environment var.

{
"Input File" : "C:\\Users\\Desktop\\Input File.xlsx",
"Work Queue" : "Data Extraction Queue"
}

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @MallikarjunaDon 

Thank you for raising, we’re aware of the request as a lot of other community members have previously voiced their opinion across other ideas.

I’m closing this particular request as a Duplicate of:

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager