cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Often when I troubleshoot presentation flows and automation services the I built in Chorus Design Workspace, I find the lack of a testing environment is a challenge.  I do not have the option to trace variable values, and place breakpoints in the code.  
The best thing I can do at this point is print out variable values to the history Comments, but this is a challenge with complex data structures like tables and arrays.
It would be great to be able to simply place a breakpoint on a specific step in a presentation flow and flag which variables or other session state data that I would like to trace.  When the presentation flow hits that breakpoint, the user is presented with a special breakpoint screen with all the session state data that is being traced.  Perhaps there is a specific flag the user sets when they deploy the process to indicate whether or not to ignore the breakpoints.
Automation services being run outside of a presentation flow wouldn't be able to present a screen, but they could print out session state data to comments using the same configuration.
I'd be happy to work on some mockups to elaborate on this idea if it is something we want to pursue.

2 Comments
smsjames
Staff
Staff
Fully agree with this and it provide a more detailed version of the following request

https://community.blueprism.com/innovate/ideas/viewidea?IdeationKey=e599ff4e-f973-4399-94c8-a4c6cb5fc685
smsjames
Staff
Staff
With the addition of the new UX Service, this becomes even more important as there is no way to track what is happening in the event of a failure