cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharmilShah
Level 4

Hi Team,

I have a suggestion for Blue Prism tool. Currently when BOT is running on a machine, we can't access the machine (If we access then BOT's process fails). It is not beneficial for an organization to procure high number of machines to run BOT specifically for 24/7 which will increase the cost to the organization and also requires maintenance of the machines. Microsoft has launched a nice feature in Windows 10 i.e. "Multiple Desktops". With that a Windows 10 machine can have multiple desktops. Can we do some enhancement in Blue Prism to access this feature? I mean to say that if I have created 2 desktops then 1 Desktop will be used by BOT and second one by me to perform my tasks. This way it is very beneficial to organization and to individual to reduce procurement of machines.

Thank you,
Sharmil

7 Comments
OrjanAlmen
Level 6
"Remote Desktop User Session Shadowing" actually works without interfering with Blue Prism running. An instruction on how to enable this can be found at http://woshub.com/rdp-session-shadow-to-windows-10-user/
SharmilShah
Level 4
Thank you @Orjan Almen for looking into this idea. I am actually referring to Desktop to act as a Virtual Machine and along with that, I can also work while Digital worker is running on Virtual Machine. This prevents the work stoppage for both Digital worker and myself as Digital worker is working through Virtual Machine. With Remote shadowing, I feel issue would be still there regarding performing my own tasks like replying to emails, reading emails etc while digital worker is working which will be active (overlap screen) while performing action/steps while I do my own task.​
OrjanAlmen
Level 6
Oh, no, that won’t work. Try installing a Windows machine in virtual box on your desktop then and run your processes there, then the robot is merely a window you can minimize and keep working with other programs on your normal windows.
SharmilShah
Level 4
Thank you @Orjan Almen for your prompt response. As per Organization policy, I doubt that I can install Virtual box on my machine. Can't it be possible with creating multiple desktops on Windows 10 Pro? We have that option available given by Microsoft but that doesn't work with the way I explained earlier. I can open BluePrism studio in a separate desktop and run it. I can go to other desktop while digital worker is working on other desktop but when digital worker is focusing on spied element, screen redirects to digital worker's desktop rather than the one on which I was working.​​
OrjanAlmen
Level 6
unfortunately it doesn’t work that way. Blue Prism takes over mouse, keyboard and screen of the computer, no matter how many virtual desktops you have. Blue Prism needs to be working alone in the login.
SharmilShah
Level 4
Thank you @Orjan Almen. Can it be possible for BluePrism to have an enhancement for this so users can utilize Multiple Desktop options without having Virtual Machines available? If BluePrism can build/enhance this feature then it would benefit lot of clients. Thought?​​
OrjanAlmen
Level 6
That's not how it's working. This is virtual screens. As if you added more monitors to your computer but you can choose which ones you want to show on your screen so you can have one screen for your programming and another for your mail and with a keystroke you can switch between them