cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisCutting
Level 4
​We now have 150+ virtual machines in our resource pool. Occasionally I need to run the same process on a group of resources. At the moment I have to drag and drop each process individually to each machine.

I already have my control room grouped into folders by work type. I would like to be able to drop a process on that folder, and for BP to issue that process to all resources inside that folder.
11 Comments
ChrisCutting
Level 4
FAO: Chris Strong

Thanks for taking this on to the next stage. To reply to your question from a couple of days ago ....

This isn't a case where we want to run the exact same process on the same VM's but on an ad-hoc basis. As you've indicated we can put a single-run schedule for an older date and run on demand.

It's more likely that we want to run logout / restart machine / login, and then the usual process for that VM. Dragging VM to process works, but it's a bit sensitive to selecting them and not losing the 'grip' from the mouse as you drag right to left.

My vision here is that you can drag the process to the group of VM's that you want to run and it will create a pending session for any non-busy machine in that group.

If you'd like any additional information, or a call to run through this suggestion, you are welcome to contact me direct through the work email address in my profile.

Cheers
Chris C