cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foehl
Level 6

I have a bit of a bugbear with BP and it's column widths. There are multiple areas in the Blue Prism GUI where information is presented in columns, but by default, the columns are kept very narrow, even when the content is often long (for example the 'Description' column in the processes section of Control Room; The 'Name' column in Releases and the 'Description' column of Environment variables under Settings).

My issue is that I resize the columns to sizes that make sense for me, but the second I click to another screen in BP and then click back, the default column sizes return and I have to re-size the columns again. When switching back and forth between screens to do comparisons, this can get boring really quickly.

So, to arrive at our destination: the idea is to remember changes to column widths and reinstate them on re-rendering of the screen rather than reverting to default values every time.

5 Comments
PvD_SE
Level 12
...and save the column widths for the next time you open the application!
AndrewPascal
Level 5
And/or possibly make the default sizes more logical!
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you for raising @foehl

I’ve updated the status to Reviewed, which means that we understand the ask and continues to allow other Community members to vote for and comments on the request.

We are changing this as we move to browser-based interfaces, such as the Control Room within Blue Prism Hub.  Example: Blue Prism Hub Control Room 4.7: Digital Worker Health

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

PvD_SE
Level 12

@chris.strong 

Hi,

While doing the bi-monthly browsing of my BP inbox, I notice that a large number of idea's have been answered in style with 'we're going to prio the web thing, your request may be implemented there'. This particular idea is about column sizing, something that typically is not implemented well in web apps. 

Am I now led to believe that once we switch to the browser based UI, we will find most of the irritating UI features fixed there? And if we'd use the similar version of the Windows app we would not see any improvements?

As we in our shop run the windows app and - from what I know - are not about to switch to a web app anytime soon, this would imply that what we have today is what we'll have in the future - without any improvements to the UI.

My reason for asking is that I've launched quite a few idea's and with them in the best of cases being implemented in another platform that I most likely will not get access to, there's no point for me to continue presenting new idea's.

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @PvD_SE

We continue to maintain and update the current portfolio, including updates to the existing Windows-based Control Room, such as Blue Prism 7.2 Enhancements.

I am our Senior Product Manager currently assigned to the operational aspect of the platform (including Control Room), you may see my updates across numerous Control Room related requests.  I believe the operational side of Blue Prism digital workforce, is best-served via accessible cloud-native technologies. 

So, for a lot of the Control Room related UI requests, we’re reviewing these to understand them for the current product and also with a view to not recreate issues our customers have today in the Next Generation of SS&C | Blue Prism.  Next Generation comes with a choice of deployment options, as we serve customers who are not able to host their data in the cloud, so we’ll make these available as self-deployable components. Over time, all of our customers will be on the Next Generation of the portfolio.

I hope this helps…

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism