cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TolaniJaiye-Tik
Level 4
Having recently migrated some processes from V4.2 to v6.5, I discovered there was a real need for a migration tool.
To buttress my point, the migration tool will

1. Automatically migrate all processes, objects, environments and other assets without any manual intervention. The only manual intervention will be to trigger the tool (.exe). We had over 100+ processes in v4.2 and moving across to the new environment was a real pain

2. Compare the versions of assets(process, env variables) if they already exist in the target environment. Technically, our strategy was to keep two environments running currently and any migration failure experienced in v6 will result in roll back changes and back to V4. After migration, some shared objects were amended in V4 by other developers, That automatically left both environments out of sync and sometimes, the new asset isn't moved over to V6.4.

3. Automatically takes a snapshot of all assets by automatically associating dependencies with processes and creating releases.

I know my comments sound ambitious but this will alleviate some of the laborious tasks with respect to migration.