cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandeepAlluri
Level 5
If we have a option to search for a process or object in Blueprism Studio. It will be very useful. 

Also if there is any option to find a environment variable in the list that will be really useful
10 Comments
AdamBinder
Staff
Staff
Sandeep - When searching the Studio, I would assume that you'd want to be able to search both Processes and Objects, but also the ability to filter/choose which studio you are searching or get results from, right?

Also - What would you be searching for?  Action names, Decision Names, Items?  Giving a couple examples would help ensure we are looking at the right items and plan how to improve the search feature going forward.
SandeepAlluri
Level 5
Hi Adam, 

If there is find option before opening a process or object. So that if i want to work on a process, i will go to find option search the process with a keyword. select the process required and start editing. 

for example if want to work on Create_Quote process now i have to find the group and subgroup of the process. If there is a option in studio  where we can search for "create" or "Quotes" and in the results we should get all the process matching with create and quotes it will be helpful for all developers.

Same goes with environment variables if there is a search option in System -> Environment variable. If i want to change a value in it then i can easily find the variable with keyword and in the results we can select required variable and edit it. I know if we follow naming conventions it will be easy to find. But if there are many variables for a single process then it will be useful
AdamBinder
Staff
Staff
Sandeep - Thanks for the additional information, it will be helpful as the team take this feature into consideration!

You're right that following Naming Conventions is critical, but even then when you have 200, 1000 objects and processes, it'd be easier to have a find/type ahead feature to select a process/object/variable!
JamesW
Community Team
Community Team
Thanks for your idea. We've updated the status to "Under Consideration".
SameerJoshi
Level 4
The same search functionality will be of great help in Queue, Available Resources etc sections in control room.
Neel1
MVP
When is this feature rolling out
RobertDempsey
Level 1
Looking forward to seeing this feature.
As a blueprism developer, it will certainly make my job a lot easier.
Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your idea! This idea has been marked as Planned and will be released in v6.8. 

Thanks,
Melanie
NareshShanigara
Level 3
Some how the Like button not working, But I strongly support this Idea of Search for processes and objects in the studio. In an enterprise environment there are hundreds of objects and processes and the numbers evolve gradually by many developers. If will be difficult to maintain the consistent folder structure and naming conventions, which makes it difficult for finding the process/VBO difficult. By searching for process/vbo, the functionality should show the complete folder structure instead of just popping up matching processes/VBO. Process path should be displayed on existing "Find references" functionality for the objects and processes.
Hi Sandeep, 

Great news! This idea was included in v6.8, which was released earlier this month. As such, I have now marked your idea as Delivered

Thanks,
Melanie