cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We should have an option to adjust logging for the process in the import window itself. So when the user imports the process it asks to keep the logging same or change it to Disable/Errors only etc. before finishing the Import.

So let's say a user gave me a process with 100% logging and I can change logging for my machine to 0% logging by selecting the option during the import window itself and as result, I'll import the process into my machine with this new log setting.

37254.png
4 Comments
Status changed to: Not Planned

Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji,

Thank you for taking the time to raise an idea.

This feature was introduced in Blue Prism Enterprise 6.6 to alert users to cases when a developer and/or tester had set logging to be enabled in lower environments and had not corrected this before creating a release to be taken to a production environment - it was not intended to allow users to directly edit/correct records as part of an import.

Were we to allow this, we would have errors that exist in DEV/TEST that have been corrected on the import to PROD that could be overlooked and then pollute the next release that is created for the same processes/objects. The correct process (which we intended to encourage) would be to address this issue in the source environment and then recreate the release in question.

As a result of this update, I'm going to update this idea to Not Planned at this time. The idea will remain available for users to vote on, so should there be an increase in interest in this idea I would be happy to revisit the discussion.

Regards,

Rob

Hello Robert I understand your point. However, what I'm suggesting is that we should allow the user to choose whether to override the log settings or not. Let the user take the call instead of not having this option at all. By not considering such features, we are leaving many good ideas behind!

Hello @Tejaskumar_Darji,

Whilst I can see the benefit of this idea, until I could confirm with a significant number of different customers that the risk regarding auditability/governance would be acceptable, this idea isn't going to be something we prioritize and the current number of votes (6) from the rest of the community implies that this idea isn't needed urgently.

As we likely won't get to this anytime soon, I'd prefer to be upfront and say this isn't planned, allowing us to focus in on ideas with more votes and with more community support.

Hope this makes sense!

Regards,

Rob

Ok thanks for update.