cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foehl
Level 6
It would be nice to have an option to remember your choices for login so that Blue Prism can be launched and ready to go with no need to see the login screen.

By default, I use the same connection 99.9% of the time when I launch BP. I also use SSO, so at the login screen all I do is press the Sign in using Active Directory button.

If BP could be set to remember the choice of SSO logon and default connection, it could just launch and authenticate in the background, getting me up and running without the extra button press every time.

The way I see it, you could have the option to 'remember my choices' at login, and if you choose to do that, it bypasses the login screen after that. In the event you wish to connect to another connection, forget the choices, use native BP authentication or make some other change, this could be done in the local system settings, for example a 'default connection' option and a 'quick login with SSO' checkbox or something similar.
2 Comments
PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi Felix, 

At my workplace we already have this, so it must be already available/possible to do the SSO thing in BP. BTW, we're at V6.5 (ancient, I know!).

When I start BP, I get the 'Sign in to Blue Prism' screen. It does not show any login thing there. Instead I get to chose the Connection I want to use, then I click the 'Sign In' button and that's it. I never ever need to fill out or change a password in BP.

Unfortunately I have no clue how the operations boys and girls have activated this wonderful feature. But go and ask your operations boys and girls and they should be able to come up with a similar solution.

Happy coding!
Paul
Sweden

foehl
Level 6
Hi Paul,

We already have SSO setup as you describe so that all I have to do is click the 'sign-in' button and not enter credentials, which is a great improvement over entering credentials every time.

My idea is I don't need to even see that screen. Since I'm set up with SSO, it seems redundant that each time I launch BP I have to tell it to log me in using SSO.

I'd like it to remember that for me (along with my connection preference) and launch directly to the Home screen.

I know it may seem like a tiny thing, but I can honestly say that moving to SSO and removing the need to enter a username and password made me enjoy using Blue Prism more. Removing that additional button click would increase that joy even more!