cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BharadwajJanag1
Level 4

Dears,

Currently Blue Prism does not have the option to schedule a process on Nth working day in a month/Week. As a result, one has to look for work arounds to schedule in that way.

It will be great to have that option by default under the schedules.
Thanks.

5 Comments
KristianIlsøe
Level 1
Hi Bharadwaj

Interesting question.
Take a look at rpacatalyst.com  add on to Blue Prism
intelligent orchestration and advanced SLA scheduling.Happy to share a short demo in near future. Welcome to connect with me or text me at ki@smartrpa.com

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

There is a few different, but related ideas to better calendar based scheduling, so I’ll reference them here:

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello,

There is a few different requests for enhancements to the calendar and ability to define bespoke recurrences for Schedules (see comments).

We’ll partially address these with the new capability to sync calendars with external system, which is coming with Blue Prism 7.2:

• Calendar Management API – Ability to synchronize tasks and calendars with external systems, ensuring the digital workforce is responsive to business needs.

I’ll leave these ideas as Under consideration for now, because I think we could solve with additional properties around the recurrence.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Blue Prism Product Manager

chris.strong
Staff
Staff
Tamotsu
Level 1

Custom Calendar feature is requested very often in my region as well.

1. Ability to define a custom calendar (i.e. FY24 Nth Workday Each Month)
2. Ability to add/update dates within the custom calendar (2024/04/05, 2024/05/05, 2024/06, ....)
3. Ability to select the calendar within the schedule definition.

It is counter-productive to create 12 schedule definition for the same process.
FY24_04_3rdBusinessDay_processA
FY24_05_3rdBusinessDay_processA
FY24_06_3rdBusinessDay_processA

@Chris Strong,
Can you tell us how V7.2 Calendar Management API helps to resolve this requirement?