cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FilipBP
Level 4

the idea is to be able to run the selected task in the scheduler without having to change it in the head scheduler window
example:
existing schedule has 4 task, I would like to run 3 task (run now)

currently this cannot be accomplished by clicking run now - you have to modify the entire schedule

and then you have to restore schedule to factory settings after start desired task

going further, there can be several machines in the schedule and if you want to run only one because the rest are running and this one had a termination, you can't do that either

I am currently working on BP version 6.10.1

3 Comments
chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Thank you @FilipBP

For Clarity, are you wanting to start the Schedule from Task 4, rather than the defined Task 1?

I.e. If Task 4 leads onto Task 5, then you would want that usual flow to continue down the usual path, but in effect skipping 1 (or more) tasks?

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Product Manager

​​
FilipBP
Level 4

yes exactly
because it often happens that the 1st, 2nd, task is already completed and cannot be repeated that day or it is the time lost related to the set waiting times between tasks 1 and 2 before 3 task
a need arise to restart the process from the 3th task because, for example, there was a termination 
and then there is the need for the next tasks 4 to be performed from schedul (to avoid manual start after the completion of the 3th task)

Best regards

Filip Frankus

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Brilliant, thank you for explaining @FilipBP

The request makes sense and I've switched the status to Reviewed, which means:

Reviewed
We have all the info we need and are planning to review the idea for implementation feasibility and value added to the product. Ideas with this status are still open to community voting and discussion.

Kind regards

Chris Strong

SS&C Product Manager