cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandeepAlluri
Level 5
Request to have a option to come out of Business Object along with warning threshold, so that when BP is struct in between due to popup or other reasons, it should automatically come out of the VBO and we can recover that in process.

For Example: If we are working on excel and when we perform Run Macro and if there is any popup BP will be struct until someone manually open the VM and close the process. 

So if we have automated process to come out of the VBO after the warning threshold, then it will be helpful as we can spy the window and close the popup by using navigate stage.
6 Comments
TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

I thinks Application Modeler has that functionality already as application timeout.

Application Timeout

This parameter determines how long Blue Prism waits for the target application to respond before throwing an exception. The timeout is applied to all application manager actions in Read, Write and Navigate stages, and can be used to prevent the Blue Prism process from becoming blocked indefinitely if the target application becomes unresponsive.

SandeepAlluri
Level 5
Hi,

Yes, when we are spying then the time out it will help but, if we are executing it from code stage and if any popup comes, it will be struck at that place only.
TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

Oh, I see. Application Timeout doesn't apply to Code State surely.
JasonCech
Level 3
If you're in a Code Stage, there should be a method of coding in a timeout. Something along the C# Task library.
I made a Run Macro Timeout based on original Run Macro implements.
I think this Run Macro Timeout implements has to be added to Excel VBO officially.

- Original Run Macro implements
GetInstance(Handle).Run(Macro_Name)​

- Run Macro Timeout implements
ExecWithTimeout(Timeout, "Run Macro",
Sub() GetInstance(Handle).Run(Macro_Name))​

Also this enhancement request is already registered as US-8320.

Hi Sandeep, 

Thanks so much for submitting your idea! We are moving it into the Under Consideration status while we route the idea through our internal review process. 

We will update you as your idea moves along the lifecycle.

Thank you!
Melanie