cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Consolidated Exercise

GauravDhiman
Level 5
Hi Bot Builders,
I am doing BP Advanced consolidation Exercise.
In the initial stage just wanted to know,"Is it really necessary to have 3 different Objects for one process?I have debugged the objects but process uses 2 different BP Objects to Launch and login.I am able to attach "BP- Basic Action Object" but when process moves to "BP-Login Object"it again detaches or opens up new Log In window.
I am thinking to club all 3 objects together to mitigate this issue but "Solution document is asking for 3 different Objects".
Please help if someone doing "BP- ACE-Create Quotes"

Regards 

------------------------------
Gaurav Dhiman
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960
1 REPLY 1

Carl__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Gaurav,

I would recommend reviewing the Object Design Guide on the Blue Prism University, which will help you to understand when / why the multiple Business Object solution design is appropriate.

In the case of the Advanced Consolidation Exercise, multiple Business Objects should be used.The use of 2 or 3 Business Objects would be an acceptable design, but not a single Business Object.

There is an argument that the Log In action could be classed as a Basic Action which would be shared across lots of processes and never change, therefore could be included in the Basic Actions Business Object, rather than a standalone Object.

In addition to your Basic Actions Business Object, you should have an Object for each specific task which your process will perform against your target application. In this case, the only task is Create Quotes, therefore, you should have a Business Object for this also.

Take a look at the 'Browser Automation Guide' on the Blue Prism University; the Launching and Attaching section will help you resolve the issues you are facing with the automation of Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps.

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London