cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to launch to BP Travel websit in Chrome via Application Modeller

ZhimingLiu
Level 3
I am learning Modern Browser Automation lesson. Follow the guide in the lesson, i failed to launch to BP Travel in Chrome browser.
My Blue prism is version 6.8. My Chrome version as bellow. Application modeller configured as bellow. Launch error page attached below. pls help to advise the root cause, and how to fix this issue, thx

33459.png
33460.png

33461.png

------------------------------
Zhiming Liu
5 REPLIES 5

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Zhiming.

I'm assuming you are going through the training material and that assumes you are using Internet Explorer. Can you access the URL directly from Chrome? I would assume so but please confirm.

You should also take a look at the browser integration guide for the version of Blue Prism you are using. I've included the link for v6.9 (https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.9%20User%20Guide%20-%20Native%20Chrome%2C%20Edge%2C%20and%20Firefox%20Integration_1.pdf) but other versions are available on the portal if needed.

Take a look at the guide and see if anything jumps out at you. There should be no problem with launching Chrome.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for your reply.
     Yes, i can access the URL succssfully in my Chrome. Actually, after refreshed the error page  i can also access the URL.
      As i mentioned before, my Blue Prism version is 6.8, and my chrome version is  86.0.4240.111. And i also checked that my Blue Prism Browser Extension is 2.1.0.Compared with the matching table in your shared guide, seems the only disqualified itme is the chrome version. Could you help confirm only the exact version can be used or any upgraded version also qualified?
33443.png

Zhiming Liu

Hi Zhiming.

Other versions of Chrome may work, it is just that the product was confirmed to work with the versions listed in the chart you referenced. However, that does not appear to be the issue.

You should still be able to launch the chrome browser from the app modeler. The issue with the browser plug-in has more to do with being able to correctly spy the elements. 

If possible, can you uninstall Blue Prism and then re-install? I've seen in the past where something just was not right with the installation and re-installing helped resolve the issue the person was having. It was not specific to the problem you are experiencing but it might be worth a shot.

Let us know your thoughts.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

It works well after i upgrade Blue Prism to version  6.9, thanks for you help.

Zhiming Liu

Hi Zhiming.

That is great.

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism