cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation 9.3 Work Queues - Setting Data

Rhian.Lowe
Level 4
Hi.

I'm stuck on the final activity. I've added the calc stages and action stages etc but I can't see the "update Summary" in my log.
Here are screen shots of my stages.
32734.png
32735.png
And I've added the blank "Summary" field to the data collection in the work item generation process.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks
Rhian

------------------------------
Rhian Lowe
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Rhian,

The actions seems right to me for setting up the queue data. Did you check the same by getting the item ID later on using some action like 'Get Completed Actions' and the passing the item ID parameter obtained into 'Get Item Data' action. It will help you to cross check the same.

As your logs will depend on the whether you enabled stage logging or not for those particular stages in your workflow. You can once check that as well if they have been enabled or not.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Rhian,

The actions seems right to me for setting up the queue data. Did you check the same by getting the item ID later on using some action like 'Get Completed Actions' and the passing the item ID parameter obtained into 'Get Item Data' action. It will help you to cross check the same.

As your logs will depend on the whether you enabled stage logging or not for those particular stages in your workflow. You can once check that as well if they have been enabled or not.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
Automation Architect,

Thank you for your help.

But I am afraid I'm rather lost with this whole work queue module and don't understand your suggestion.

Rhian Lowe

Can you show your workflow once to us with complete screenshots so that we can see what steps you have used.?

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
Automation Architect,

Hi.

Is this what you mean?
32721.png

Rhian Lowe

Hi Rhian,

Try to enable the loggings for all stages as shown below:

32724.png

Also, before you step over 'Set Data' action, check once if the correct data is present in the 'Data' collection. With these settings you can see the parameters in the logs. In my case, I am setting up order number field in my current queue item. So you can see that in the Set Data log item, I am able to view the values:

32725.png

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
Automation Architect,

Hi.

It turns out I only had error logging on my stages. The video didn't point this out that it needed changing. 

Thanks so much for your help.

Kind Regards
Rhian

Rhian Lowe