cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation Consolidation Exercise Recovery Logic

Rhian.Lowe
Level 4
Hi.

I'm reviewing the answer process for the consolidation exercise and I'm a little confused.
In the ordering VBO if the error message appears, there seems to be no recovery logic to reset the centrix order form for the next Item.
Nor is there an exception handler page that would terminate the application and reset everything.
Here is the screen shot that confuse me:
33678.png

Please could somebody explain how it would handle such an exception? I'd be tempted to put in some kind of logic to clear the screen or go back to menu and select orders and new order again ready for next item

I've  just checked the following VBO in the process "order confirmation" and that looks like a similar problem. How does it handle if the confirmation doesn't appear?

Thanks
Rhian

------------------------------
Rhian Lowe
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Rhian.

The kind of error handling your thinking of would be resolved in the process level, not the VBO. At the VBO level, you simply want to catch the exception and let the process logic determine how to go about recovering. 

VBOs should be very focused. For example, if you used the same VBO in another process but had a different exception recovery requirement, you would need another copy of the VBO if you had specific exception handling in the VBO itself.

Does that make sense?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Rhian.

The kind of error handling your thinking of would be resolved in the process level, not the VBO. At the VBO level, you simply want to catch the exception and let the process logic determine how to go about recovering. 

VBOs should be very focused. For example, if you used the same VBO in another process but had a different exception recovery requirement, you would need another copy of the VBO if you had specific exception handling in the VBO itself.

Does that make sense?

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism