cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to paste urls in blue prism from excel/collection in browser?

shahs
Level 3

Hi,

I have a collection of data which contains URLs. I want to extract few data from each URL. How can I do that? I tried with navigating to URL box in IE then pasting URL from collection but it throws error. Please guide.

Thanks

------------------------------
shah s
3 REPLIES 3

VivekGoel
Level 10
Navigating to different URL is not an issue. It's quiet easy. All you have to do is create a normal IE object which launches any website.. 
In your launch action --> Navigate stage-> Use the command line parameter input to navigate to different URL than in the modeler.

34139.png
By using a parameter for this variable, you can pass different URLS as input to the launch action and you will be able to launch different website using the same launch action.

However, Since all websites will be having different structure, I don't know how will you be able to scrape from all websites using a single object!

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

Thank you Vivek for taking a look. Let me give you an idea about what I am looking for. For example,

• I am looking at Amazon.in website and searched for mobile. From list of mobiles on front page, 
  • I want to click on that mobile hyperlink and fetch some data from inside of that link.
  • This process would continue until it reaches to last row of counter set. 
So I have a created a column in collection by merging 2 dataset to get final URL. URL is correct. It is only to repeat the process by

• copy URL from row collection 
  • Paste into browser
  • fetch data
  • paste it into collection
  • copy URL from 2nd row of collection
  • Paste into browser
  • fetch data
  • paste it into collection
and so on...

shah s

Hi Shah,

So hopefully you have completed our Foundation Training course which introduces and explains how to use the key stages available in Process Studio and Object Studio, which are vital for robust process automation.

If not, please invest the time to do so as it will really pay off.

Assuming you've already completed Foundation Training, then please take a look at the following on the Blue Prism University:

• Browser Automation Guide (this is Internet Explorer)
  • Native Chrome and Firefox Integration
Once you understand how to interact with your chosen browser, your solution may look like;

• Launch + navigate to URL
  • Read search results into a Collection
  • Loop through the Collection, navigating (using a Navigate Stage) to the URL stored in the Collection for the first result
  • Read page data
  • Navigate to the next URL (row 2 +)
  • Etc. etc. etc.
My advice is to start with Internet Explorer to get a feel for browser integration.

Hope this helps.

Carl Carter
Developer Program Manager
Blue Prism
Europe/London