cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for training recommendations to help build Code Stages

ScottRobson
Level 6
Hi, i'm looking for some recommendations for training courses to take, for developers wanting to write Code stages.  Assume no previous .Net or VB experience.

I've been working with Blue Prism for 5 years, and whilst I can knock together some pretty basic VB code stages, i'd really like to be able to take this to the next level, so I can build some more complex code stages.

Have had various recommendations over the years, but none have really met my expectations, as they are either too broad (eg: .NET Fundamentals, where the majority of content is teaching about the framework, rather than the coding aspect), or too specific for things such as coding to build Windows Applications, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially for those with first hand experiences of the courses.

Happy with both online or classroom based (UK) suggestions.

Thanks.

------------------------------
Scott Robson
2 REPLIES 2

VivekGoel
Level 10
I would simply say, Take any online course to learn any of the BP supported language. C#/VB or J#.

Once done, you can make complex codes yourself.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need a planned approach for this. First learn the basic syntax of C# or VB(which ever you are comfortable with). There are too many free courses online for that. Main focus should only be on syntax and basic concepts. You can use Visual studio community version and build some console application. It is just practice for writing .NET code. Once you are comfortable with writing some code then take some additional challenges to get your hands dirty. Some of the ideas are : Interact with XML file through code, Interact with JSON files, API interaction and whatever else you can think of. Use Visual studio for all these learning as it blueprism does not provide a very friendly platform for coding. After that you can start using more of code stages to perform complex tasks.

Kishore Deka
Rpa Architect
EPAM