cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Deferring Items in Foundation Training

JuhoKäyhkö
Level 3
Hello,

I'm stuck in Foundation training Section 9 - Work Queues, Deferring Items. The part where you need to use "Defer Until" and add the following value provided in the lesson: Today() & " " & LocalTime() + MakeTimeSpan(0,0,5,0)

When I try to run the process I get following error:

Internal : Could not convert '0,000,500,0' into a number

I'm using version 6.10.1 of Blue Prism

Any advice how to fix this is welcome. Thank you.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JuhoKäyhkö
Level 3
I was able to fix the problem after changing windows regional settings to UK. So this problem has to do with something in the way Windows formats time on different regional settings.

I would want to try this: "Defer time is calculated in UTC time . Can you try using this : Now() + [Time span]" but I don't know how to use it correctly.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RichMarsden
Staff
Staff
Hi Juho,

The code is correct. If you change the data item to Text then it will add 5mins and work for you.

Thanks

Rich

JuhoKäyhkö
Level 3
@Rich Marsden

Thank you for the answer but could you be more specific, please? There is no data item in the process and nothing to indicate to change it to text. For some reason after adding the ​MakeTimeSpan(0,0,5,0) part to the queue action and pressing "ok" button and then opening it again shows that there are suddenly more zeroes so it turns automatically from 0,0,5,0 to 0,000,500,0. Is this intended or am I missing something?

RikKamerbeek
Level 2
I had the same problem. I fixed it with my pc time settings. I had to set it to English (United Sates).

EVIPUTI
MVP
Defer time is calculated in UTC time . Can you try using this : Now() + [Time span]
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

JuhoKäyhkö
Level 3
I was able to fix the problem after changing windows regional settings to UK. So this problem has to do with something in the way Windows formats time on different regional settings.

I would want to try this: "Defer time is calculated in UTC time . Can you try using this : Now() + [Time span]" but I don't know how to use it correctly.

YogenderSingh
Level 2
Hi Juho, 

You can convert the Span time to Text by using the calculation stage the you can see the span time in "0.00:02:54" format

Thanks 
Yogi

IvanValverde
Level 2
Today() & " " & LocalTime() + MakeTimeSpan(0; 0; 5; 0)

Is the  way I found to solve it

Hope it is useful 🙂