cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provided example in the scenario do match it's test (Advance Exception Handling)

AmeraYana
Level 2

AmeraYana_0-1725751911309.pngAmeraYana_1-1725751914773.pngAs on the example , the Loop Type is Infinite retry logic ,, but in the correct answer for the 1st question of the test is : Infinite re-throw ! 

Also issue in the  second question as shown in the pictures .
Can someone explain please 

#AdvanceExceptionHandling

1 REPLY 1

david.l.morris
Level 14

That 1st screenshot (the one that says Scenario 1 at the top right) is a situation of infinite retry logic because it is retrieving Exception details outside of Recovery mode. When you try to do ExceptionType(), ExceptionStage(), or ExceptionDetail() outside of Recovery mode (between Recover and Resume), it (the multicalc) will throw an exception. In that 1st screenshot, the Exception gets caught by the Recover stage and then it goes to Resume (assuming it goes on the Yes path of "Retry?" but I have no way to tell what is in that decision stage), and then the Resume stage clears the exception bringing us out of Recovery mode, and then the multicalc throws the exception again and again forever.

I don't know what's going on with that 2nd screenshot. Is it supposed to be showing a corrected solution with the multicalc moved to be inside of Recovery mode? (between Recover and Resume) I think that's what's it's trying to say. But "Exception Data" really should be immediately after the Recover stage, so it's not technically correct in that 2nd screenshot either. But at least in the 2nd screenshot, I believe the logic would still work and it wouldn't be an infinite loop of any kind.

As for your wording about "infinite retry logic" vs "infinite re-throw", I have no idea what the difference between those would be if that's what you're asking. Those sound like the same thing to me.

Dave Morris, 3Ci at Southern Company