cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Region Mode Read stage Problem.

KodiSrihari
Level 8
I developed a process using Region mode to Read image tabular data and Write to a Collection. After all steps done and Run, it runs smoothly with good out put. But after some hours later if I run the same process, Read stage throws Error - " Unable to match any window with the Query terms ". How to resolve this error so that any time I run it will give output?
32800.jpg

------------------------------
Srihari
RPA Developer
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hi Srihari,

Looks like there might be some tuning required for the image and the fields you've spied using Region mode.
Just as best practice, it is advised to always use a CheckExists stage before Read actions for BluePrism to ensure that it can interact with those elements.
If it errors out on that stage that's a sure indication that you might need to tweak the region settings for those elements.

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HarpreetKaur
Level 7
Hi Srihari,

Looks like there might be some tuning required for the image and the fields you've spied using Region mode.
Just as best practice, it is advised to always use a CheckExists stage before Read actions for BluePrism to ensure that it can interact with those elements.
If it errors out on that stage that's a sure indication that you might need to tweak the region settings for those elements.

Harpreet Kaur Product Consultant

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9
Hi @KodiSrihari,

Are you using Image based or coordinate based approach to read the values using Region mode?

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer

Hi Ritansh, 
I am using Image based approach to read values, the target element is a image which contains tabular data.

Srihari
RPA Developer

Hello Srihari,
Is the application any web based or some windows application?

Why I am asking is if Web based then why not find some way to get the table into the collection directly in navigate stage?
If it is an windows application why not see if some steps might let you export the data into some flat file ?

Region mode has a very high failure rate and should be used as last option. 

That too you are using image based recognition rather than co-ordinates so in DEV it might work but in higher environment it might be really a pain.

Best Regards,
Ved Sengupta
RPA Developer
Deloitte India (Offices of the US)
Bangalore | INDIA
------------------------------ Best Regards, Ved Sengupta RPA Developer Deloitte India (Offices of the US) Bangalore | INDIA *If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer* ------------------------------