cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run process automatically

TejashriNevase
Level 4
Hii,

Is there is possible way to run process automatically with the third party access. if I expose the process as the web services then it is possible to access that process through third party and run directly from the third party application.
Or there is the way to trigger and run the process automatically  without drop drag or without scheduler.
Thank You.

------------------------------
Tejashri Nevase RPA Developer
7 REPLIES 7

This is possible in V7 using Blue Prism RestAPI's.

Ram Prasad Gajula
Tech Lead
EY
Bangalore

Hii Ram,
Can you guide me how we can achieve using RestAPI's. 
Please provide some more information ,links  or any documentation about it.
To achieve this It Required the enterprise edition of bp or not?

Thank you.

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/blue-prism/version7-overview.htm?tocpath=Blue%20Prism%20version%207%7C_____0

Ram Prasad Gajula
Tech Lead
EY
Bangalore

TejashriNevase
Level 4
Can Anyone help me to trigger my bp process automatically for the chat bot. Actually the chat bot scripting is in the python I just want to trigger my bp process whenever we get the response. 
How can I achieve this. 

Please help me for that.

Hi @Tejashri Nevase

The solution from Ram Prasad is good in my opinion.

I think there is many ways to do this with the Blue Prism services layer. I will give you some approaches that I found interesting

- The faster is to expose your process as a SOAP services (Here you have the guide: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/frmWebServiceExpose.htm) Your bot is built in Python, so, is easy to call this kind of services.

- Another option is to use the built in Api that Blue Prism has. Here you have a method to start a new session. (And many other thinks) Here you have the reference guide Create a new session for the given resource ID and process ID.

Hope this helps you!

See you in the Community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @Tejashri Nevase,

As has been mentioned, the v7 REST API is an excellent choice for this, but it does assume you have BP v7 or later in your environment. If you aren't on v7 or later, there are alternatives that include:
  • Expose you process/VBO as a SOAP web service.
  • If you can dedicate at least one runtime resource, you can use its HTTP API to launch a process. Find more info about this here and here.
  • If you're company makes use of Kafka or RabbitMQ for message passing, you could leverage either of those and then make use of the associated connectors for those platforms that are available on the Digital Exchange. You would have to have a process running either continuously or on a schedule to pick up the messages though which would trigger your chatbot.
  • You can look into AutomateC, which is a command line utility for working with Blue Prism. You can launch a process using it, so you could look at potentially triggering AutomateC from a remote PowerShell call.

I'm sure there are other creative ways of doing this. It depends on your environment and your skills.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

loganathans
Level 3
Hi , 

i have 2 different thoughts.

1st -> you can use AutomateC.exe Command to run the process (without drag and drop) using batch file for an any action

2nd -> you can use Power automate for your actual trigger than create some alternative file (like sharepoint file or sharepoint list). your BP Process can check every 1 hours or 30 min based on your needs.

3rd -> if you expose the process as API than , using any one of web brower and open the http portal for BP 😞 http://<IP or Hostname of a DEV runtime resource>:8181/ws/) some way you can run the procecss.

loganathan s
Project Lead Developer
HCL Technology
Asia/Kolkata