cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler

KeerthanaJ
Level 5
Hello,

I have a situation where i want to create a scheduler to load a process from 8am to 4pm, every 1 hour. In that, i want the Blue Prism to check if the scheduler is executed for the first time in a day, then it will send a Process initiation notification. Otherwise it will skip the step and follow the next step, that is loading the items into the queue. 

What i mean is that, from the 2nd run, it should skip the email notification step and start directly with loading items step. 

How can i do that in the scheduler?

------------------------------
Keerthana J
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

LucaValente
Staff
Staff
Hi Keerthana,

there are several solutions based on the design of your process. 

One option is to add a new input parameter to the start stage of your process' Main page (i.e. "Initiation") that will be used in the process to execute or skip the email notification step. Then you can create two schedules, the first one sets the Initiation parameter =Y and runs the process only once at 8am  and the second schedule sets the Initiation parameter=N and runs the process from 9am to 4pm, every 1 hour.

Another option is to separate the email notification step in a separate process. Then the first schedule would run the email notification process followed by the general process only once at 8am, and the second schedule would run only the general process from 9am to 4pm, every 1 hour.

Regards,

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LucaValente
Staff
Staff
Hi Keerthana,

there are several solutions based on the design of your process. 

One option is to add a new input parameter to the start stage of your process' Main page (i.e. "Initiation") that will be used in the process to execute or skip the email notification step. Then you can create two schedules, the first one sets the Initiation parameter =Y and runs the process only once at 8am  and the second schedule sets the Initiation parameter=N and runs the process from 9am to 4pm, every 1 hour.

Another option is to separate the email notification step in a separate process. Then the first schedule would run the email notification process followed by the general process only once at 8am, and the second schedule would run only the general process from 9am to 4pm, every 1 hour.

Regards,

Luca Valente
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Thank you so much for the quick reply. 

I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Keerthana J