cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing a file into a Work Queue item

GaetanViau
Level 3
Good day BP Gurus!

I am currently developing a process that handles a PDF file at various stages of the process which is being put on pause for human interaction and then resumes, using the work queue items Status to determine where it left off and the next steps to carry over. Because these different phases of the process all relate to a specific PDF file, I'd like to store that file in the work queue so that I can get it back at these various phases of the process, irrelevant of the bot that does the work and without the need to save the file in a network share.

My questions are:
1- Is it possible to store a file in a work queue item? If so, how do we proceed to do that?
2- Considering these files can take up to 200 kilobytes, will there be a space issue over time or are these files removed from memory when the work queue item is deleted?

Thank you for your input.

Your help is much appreciated.

------------------------------
Gaetan Viau
Developer
CGI
America/Toronto
2 REPLIES 2

GeraldJ
Level 5
Hi Geatan,

We cannot store the files in the work queue rather you can store it in a system storage and can push the location of the files to the Queue. or you can read the data's from the file and store in the Queue. We cannot store the file to Queue since it holds only the data's.

Thanks,

Gerald J
Automation Engineer
10xds
Kerala/Kochi
+91-9159842805

VivekGoel
Level 10
If it's absolutely necessary, use LoadBinaryFile to load the file as binary data and then store binary data into the queue.
Doesn't affect performance as such because binarydata is very less size.

Vivek Goel
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.