cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Item

SamLima
Level 7
According to Blue Prism best practice, I can use tag item to save a task completion DateTime, Can't I?

------------------------------
Sam Lima
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sam,

You can use the tag as the task completion date in the your queue. However, while filtering for the same you may not be able to use the tag filters that efficiently if you are using an exact date time. Since tag filters take your tag names as strings not date. So ideally, you need to remember the exact date time if you wish to filter any such items with that kind of a tag name. Let me give you an example:

If let say, item A has a tag associated with it which says '14-05-2022 12:00:00' it means that the item got processed at this particular date whereas another item let say item B has a tag associated with it which says '14-05-2022 12:05:00'

Here, you can see that the tag items have exact date along with the timestamp associated and they will be treated as strings so if you want to filter these tags you also need to use the exact time stamps to filter it that accurately. You can't use a filter which would say return me items between so and so date time. That is why, there is no point of using such tags according to me. Also, in your queue report you already would have a default column which would give you this exact date time data called as 'Completed' as shown below:

33436.png

Hence, if you wish to have it you can have it but it already is present and it can be used to filter it as a datetime parameter rather than a string.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi Sam,

You can use the tag as the task completion date in the your queue. However, while filtering for the same you may not be able to use the tag filters that efficiently if you are using an exact date time. Since tag filters take your tag names as strings not date. So ideally, you need to remember the exact date time if you wish to filter any such items with that kind of a tag name. Let me give you an example:

If let say, item A has a tag associated with it which says '14-05-2022 12:00:00' it means that the item got processed at this particular date whereas another item let say item B has a tag associated with it which says '14-05-2022 12:05:00'

Here, you can see that the tag items have exact date along with the timestamp associated and they will be treated as strings so if you want to filter these tags you also need to use the exact time stamps to filter it that accurately. You can't use a filter which would say return me items between so and so date time. That is why, there is no point of using such tags according to me. Also, in your queue report you already would have a default column which would give you this exact date time data called as 'Completed' as shown below:

33436.png

Hence, if you wish to have it you can have it but it already is present and it can be used to filter it as a datetime parameter rather than a string.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.