cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch Event Viewer with Blue Prism

Mikky
Level 4

Hi Team,

I want to launch "Event Viewer" through window application modeler. But I am getting an error "Internal exception: Failed to launch" .
I tried not only with launching option, I also tried attach option in application wizard, still it is failed to launch or attach the application.

Can anyone suggest me a way for it??

Thanks in advance.
Manikanta.

------------------------------
Mani K
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Mikky,

Already replied to this question on a different thread: Unable to launch Event Viewer with Blue Prism

Have you tried that approach?​

Just to keep it summarised, if you are trying to access any application within System32 folder, admin privileges are required that your Blue Prism Interactive Client also needs to have while trying to interact with it:

33883.png

In the above thread I have mentioned both how you can resolve this error and also what would be the best way to spy the application altogether as directly launching the application from Application Modeler can cause some issues.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

Hi @devneetmohanty07

I am already having the BP Interactive client permissions. I can go open the same application manually.
But when it comes to bot I can't attach the application.
33888.png
After doing it in Utility Environment - Start process I am trying to attach the application and i got this issue again
33889.png

Mani K

I got the same issue as you are having when I did not start with 'Run As Adminitstrator' role but as soon as I started with admin role it started working. I don't think this necessarily there is any issue on Blue Prism end from an application modeller configuration perspective.

You might have to check internally with your IT team since something is blocking the access in background between your IC and the application. Also, would suggest you to also open a support ticket with Blue Prism for the same to check if there are any background policies which can be unblocked but I highly doubt that would be the case.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,

Hi @devneetmohanty07

I had done the same thing as run as administrator and trying to attach after running with Utility environment - Start process and trying to attach the application.
I am getting the above error only "Error - Failed to launch application - Failed to launch C:\Windows\System32\eventvwr.exe".

Mani K