cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import of Microsoft Graph - Teams API v1.2.bprelease failed in BP 6.5.0.12573

KouadioANDOKOU
Level 3

Dear Team,

im trying to import in vain Microsoft Graph - Teams API v1.2.bprelease in my BP 6.5.0.12573.
i have the error message  below:
"An error occurred while attempting to import the release:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type"
Can someone help me import it properly please?

------------------------------
Kouadio ANDOKOU
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Kouadio ANDOKOU,

I believe this has to do with a Data Item of type Password defined in the .bprelease file. If you open the file, in any text editor, and search for initialvalue you should see something like below:
​​

<actionparameter name="Access Token" expose="true" datatype="32">
  <initialvalue><![CDATA[aCpGKl8qTyp6KlgqQypZKkcqBCppKkUqRypHKkUqRCoEKnkqTypJKl8qWCpDKl4qUyoEKnkqQypHKloqRipPKmUqSCpMKl8qWSpJKksqXipFKlgq:]]></initialvalue>
  <description><![CDATA[Access Token]]></description>
</actionparameter>​

Notice the element titled <initialvalue>…</initialvalue>. You want to change its value to:

<initialvalue><![CDATA[aCpGKl8qTyp6KlgqQypZKkcqBCppKkUqWCpPKgQqeSpPKkkqXypYKk8qBCp5KkMqRypaKkYqTyplKkgqTCpfKlkqSSpLKl4qRSpYKg==:]]></initialvalue>

The reason for this is the underlying encryption algorithm used by BP changed in v6.6 I believe. So v6.5 doesn't understand the encrypted value of the element since the connector was created in a later version.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@Kouadio ANDOKOU,

I believe this has to do with a Data Item of type Password defined in the .bprelease file. If you open the file, in any text editor, and search for initialvalue you should see something like below:
​​

<actionparameter name="Access Token" expose="true" datatype="32">
  <initialvalue><![CDATA[aCpGKl8qTyp6KlgqQypZKkcqBCppKkUqRypHKkUqRCoEKnkqTypJKl8qWCpDKl4qUyoEKnkqQypHKloqRipPKmUqSCpMKl8qWSpJKksqXipFKlgq:]]></initialvalue>
  <description><![CDATA[Access Token]]></description>
</actionparameter>​

Notice the element titled <initialvalue>…</initialvalue>. You want to change its value to:

<initialvalue><![CDATA[aCpGKl8qTyp6KlgqQypZKkcqBCppKkUqWCpPKgQqeSpPKkkqXypYKk8qBCp5KkMqRypaKkYqTyplKkgqTCpfKlkqSSpLKl4qRSpYKg==:]]></initialvalue>

The reason for this is the underlying encryption algorithm used by BP changed in v6.6 I believe. So v6.5 doesn't understand the encrypted value of the element since the connector was created in a later version.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thank You @ewilson,
i changed the value as you suggested and i'm fine now.​

Kouadio ANDOKOU