cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i encrypt & decrypt input parameter

AmitChauhan
Level 3
I want to encrypt & decrypt input parameter by using AES-256 AesCryptoService scheme, can some one please help me out how do i achieve encryption & decryption in my object or process.

Thanks
Amit

------------------------------
Amit Chauhan
9 REPLIES 9

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Amit,

Is the parameter only being passed around within Blue Prism or is to be passed by/to an outside application? If it's coming from an outside application then that application would handle the encryption and what you would need to do in Blue Prism is decrypt it. One possible option would be to leverage a code stage in a VBO and use the various encryption libraries available in the .NET framework.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

@ewilson - I was also trying to encrypt and decrypt data using VBO - encryption. I copied the key from system tab as appearing there, however VBO is not accepting the key. I also tried to encrypt the Key in WQ with key encryption checkbox in system tab when creating WQ. However after selecting that as well, the key column actual value is visible in control room and not encrypted value. ​

Mayank Goyal

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for your reply, 

Input parameter passed from an outside application, I have used RijndaelManaged() for Encryption & Decryption and it is working fine for me.
Thanks for your valuable input, Helped me lot. 🙂

Amit Chauhan

@AmitChauhan - glad to hear you have this running now.

@Mayank Goyal​​ - the encryption scheme used by the encryption VBO is Triple DES which uses a 192 bit key. It's actually an older encryption schema and the VBO should be updated to use something newer. If you want to use the VBO as-is, you need to generate a 192 bit key as opposed to the 256 bit key generated by AES and Rijndael.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

@ewilson - Thanks a lot for your response. Please suggest if VBO will be updated in near future to fix it? ​

Mayank Goyal

@Mayank Goyal I have asked a member of my team to work on updating the VBO. Once he's finished, it will be posted to the Digital Exchange.

I'll post an update here when that's complete.

Cheers,​​

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Hi Mayank,

I have updated existing VBO with 256AES encryption, If you want i can share it with you.
Updated VBO is working fine with 256AES -Key,  You can use it in your process as per your need.

Thanks
Amit Chauhan

Amit Chauhan

@AmitChauhan - Kindly share the updated VBO. ​

Mayank Goyal

The Utility - Encryption VBO has been updated and is available on the DX here:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/9648/solution/utility---encryption

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism