cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the "Get Attribute" method of the read stage in blueprism work?

I'd like to get the text of an textfield. I've already tried to get it via 'Get text', but that did not work. When I spy the element, blueprism is able to read the text of the element in the property 'Web Value', which is in the application modeller. I'd like to access this 'Web Value'. When I use a read stage and the method 'Get Attribute', I can enter an Attribute name. 'Web Value' does not return the desired value. So how does 'Get Attribute' work?

--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by Kevin01.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
13 REPLIES 13

ZdravkoBotushan
Level 4
I'm having the same situation. I need to read the Web Value from a specific field, but just putting "Web Value" as an input for Get Attribute doesn't do anything. Did you find a fix?

------------------------------
Zdravko Botushanov
Senior RPA Consultant
Human+
Europe/Sofia

You need to give the actual HTML Attribute Names as inputs to Get Attribute. You can either look at the HTML to determine the Attribute Name, or you can try removing the word 'Web' from the Application Modeller Attribute Name and try that. Some examples...

(fyi, I believe this is case insensitive, but I'm capitalizing the first letter of words anyway)
If Application Modeller says the Attribute Name is 'Web Value', then you can use 'Value'.
Web Class = Class
Web Height = Height
etc.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi @Dave Morris. I tried that, but it still doesn't return anything. I want to get this Web Value attribute. I tried to get attribute "Value", but it doesn't seem to work.

Here's the attribute and my configuration

7611.png

7612.png

Zdravko Botushanov
Senior RPA Consultant
Human+
Europe/Sofia

Look in the HTML by right clicking on the page and click Inspect. Make sure that the value you're looking for is actually in the Attribute 'value'. If you're getting back nothing, then that Attribute either doesn't exist or it's empty in that element.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi @Dave Morris. Thanks a lot for that! I checked the HTML and it turns out value is written in small letters there, while Blue Prism provides it as Web Value (both capital letters). Thus, I put the attribute in BP to be "value" and it worked great.

Thanks a lot for your help! You saved me a lot of time!

All the best and have a great rest of the week! 🙂
7617.png

Zdravko Botushanov
Senior RPA Consultant
Human+
Europe/Sofia

CristianLopez
Level 3
Hi
I'm getting a similar error when trying to get the "web attribute" I cannot find the attribute to get the Web Value. Any ideas team?
Thank you in advanced
7621.png

Cristian Lopez
Developer
Roboyo
Europe/London

Hi Cristian Lopez
did you manage to solve this problem?
I have the same problem

Thiago Rolim

Hi Thiago,

If you know the tag of the element you need to have then you can use an XPath expression to get the element identified in the 'Web Path' attribute.

So considering Chirstian's example as shown in the screenshot we can have an XPath query as //textarea[text()='ACTUALIZAR RECIBO']

Here, only the highlighted areas will change as per the web element you want to spy where the area highlighted in orange would denote the tag name of the element which can be label, input, button, textarea etc. whereas the area highlighted in yellow would be the actual text of that element.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hi Thiago,

I had to use a workaround using send keys. I just had to select the area CTRL+A and then CTRL+C and CTRL+V. I will try Devneet's solution

Cristian Lopez
Developer
Roboyo
Europe/London