cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Original Sender while replying to email using Outlook

MohammedNissarK
Level 3

Team,

I have a scenario where bot has to reply to an email by removing original sender and should send to the different "TO" address. We don't have any action in Outlook v10.3.4 VBO so can someone help to achieve this?

Regards

1 REPLY 1

Hi @MohammedNissarK ,

In order to achieve this, best approach would be to create a duplicate action page for the current Reply Email action and you can name it as Reply To Email With Different Sender.

devneetmohanty07_0-1718879235837.png

Now, add one input parameter called 'To' of text type:

devneetmohanty07_1-1718879324338.png

Add this data item as an Input with the name 'Sender_To' in the code stage as well and write the following code:

devneetmohanty07_2-1718879478366.png

Dim app = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Dim _nameSpace = app.GetNameSpace("MAPI")

Dim item = _nameSpace.GetItemFromID(Entry_ID)
Dim reply = item.Reply

reply.Subject = item.Subject
reply.HTMLBody = Message & vbCrLf & item.HTMLBody
reply.To = Sender_To
reply.Send

Publish the action and you should be able to test the same. In my case, I just added my email as To input parameter and you can see I got reply even though the original email was sent to someone else:

Original Message came from Twitter (now X) to my Microsoft email account (where Outlook is setup) and when I used Reply action, the new message got sent to my personal Gmail account from my Microsoft email account.

devneetmohanty07_3-1718879847022.png

devneetmohanty07_4-1718880059912.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps you out and if so, please mark the current thread as the 'Answer', so others can refer to the same for reference in future.
Regards,
Devneet Mohanty,
SS&C Blueprism Community MVP 2024,
Automation Architect,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.