cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to drag and drop the field in SAP application(Browser) to other drop down.

I want to drag and drop "Build site" to under "Rows" drop down. it's a SAP Browser based application.

Karthikchoppadandi_0-1718098587497.png

2 BEST ANSWERS

Best Answers

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

That sounds like a nice challenge!!!  I have had to do similar nightmare stuff before when automating a Citrix Desktop (which was also a nightmare).

I was going to answer myself but here is a previous thread that has all the right information to get yourself moving in the right direction:  Answered: Hold Left Mouse Down and Drag to Increase Column S... - SS&C Blue Prism Community

View answer in original post

Hi @Karthik.choppadandi ,

We can use the Drag and Drop actions within a Navigate stage to achieve what you want to do but there are few things to be aware of. Firstly, these actions are possible when you use UIA, Win32 or AA mode as far as I know. I can show you an example of a use case similar to what you want to achieve.

In my example, I want to drag a project card in my Trello board from Project Resources section to Questions For Next Meeting Section as shown below:

devneetmohanty07_0-1718183992749.png

For this I basically am spying the element which I want to drag that is the card with the text: Test. When you spy the element using UIA mode ensure that the element type drop-down is selected as UI

devneetmohanty07_3-1718186643469.png

devneetmohanty07_2-1718186571630.png

Once the elements are spied, I will create a new action page and inside the page, I will add a Navigate stage where I will first active the application window using the Win32 element that I spied for the entire browser window and then use two Drag actions. The first Drag option that I will use is for the UIA card element and the second drag option is for indicating the UIA - Target Lane element where I want to drag my card element to. Provide the X and Y values as 0 since we do not want any relative co-ordinate for the same:

devneetmohanty07_7-1718187151827.png

devneetmohanty07_5-1718186992189.png

Now, I will use a Drop action and will use the UIA - Card element that I want to drop. Here, also provide the X and Y co-ordinates as zero since I do not want to use any relative co-ordinates for them:

devneetmohanty07_6-1718187065262.png

Once the action is executed, I can see the test project got dragged successfully:

devneetmohanty07_9-1718187275576.png

devneetmohanty07_8-1718187218320.png

This way I was able to use Drag and Drop actions to perform this activity. In my case, just dragging the card to the header element of the next section worked fine. If in your case, the element can only be dropped somewhere below the header section then you can play a bit with X and Y parameters that I have set as zero in the second Drag action and that should make it work

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Karthik, 

Are you trying to Automate this process or is does it not work when you do it manually within SAP? 

Hi Angelo,
manually we are able to drag and drop. I want to automate drag and drop "Build site" to under "Rows" drop down..

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15

That sounds like a nice challenge!!!  I have had to do similar nightmare stuff before when automating a Citrix Desktop (which was also a nightmare).

I was going to answer myself but here is a previous thread that has all the right information to get yourself moving in the right direction:  Answered: Hold Left Mouse Down and Drag to Increase Column S... - SS&C Blue Prism Community

Thank you so much Denis, Drag and Drop with Region mode worked.

Hi @Karthik.choppadandi ,

We can use the Drag and Drop actions within a Navigate stage to achieve what you want to do but there are few things to be aware of. Firstly, these actions are possible when you use UIA, Win32 or AA mode as far as I know. I can show you an example of a use case similar to what you want to achieve.

In my example, I want to drag a project card in my Trello board from Project Resources section to Questions For Next Meeting Section as shown below:

devneetmohanty07_0-1718183992749.png

For this I basically am spying the element which I want to drag that is the card with the text: Test. When you spy the element using UIA mode ensure that the element type drop-down is selected as UI

devneetmohanty07_3-1718186643469.png

devneetmohanty07_2-1718186571630.png

Once the elements are spied, I will create a new action page and inside the page, I will add a Navigate stage where I will first active the application window using the Win32 element that I spied for the entire browser window and then use two Drag actions. The first Drag option that I will use is for the UIA card element and the second drag option is for indicating the UIA - Target Lane element where I want to drag my card element to. Provide the X and Y values as 0 since we do not want any relative co-ordinate for the same:

devneetmohanty07_7-1718187151827.png

devneetmohanty07_5-1718186992189.png

Now, I will use a Drop action and will use the UIA - Card element that I want to drop. Here, also provide the X and Y co-ordinates as zero since I do not want to use any relative co-ordinates for them:

devneetmohanty07_6-1718187065262.png

Once the action is executed, I can see the test project got dragged successfully:

devneetmohanty07_9-1718187275576.png

devneetmohanty07_8-1718187218320.png

This way I was able to use Drag and Drop actions to perform this activity. In my case, just dragging the card to the header element of the next section worked fine. If in your case, the element can only be dropped somewhere below the header section then you can play a bit with X and Y parameters that I have set as zero in the second Drag action and that should make it work

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

Hi Mohan,

Thank you.. 
As u suggested i have spied with "UI" mode and did drag and drop action.
In my case it worked as per the below screenshot, 

Karthikchoppadandi_0-1718190203426.png