cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass a process name dynamically in the sub process

MuralikrishnaPe
Level 2
Hi Team,
I have a process and am calling N number of sub processes in side the process, based on the process name which is available in the input sheet  can any one help me with how we will call process name dynamic in the sub process
but don't say by using choice stage  because i have N number of processes to call, Thanks in Advance.

------------------------------
Muralikrishna Perewar
Associate Consultant
Capgemini
Asia/Kolkata
3 REPLIES 3

You can pass the subprocess name as an input parameter in your main process. That way control room will ask you to enter the subprocess name and whatever name you enter your main process will call that subprocess. Because here dynamic means passing values externally and dynamically.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

JerinJose
Level 10
put a choice stage to select sub process based on the input sheet in the main process

6327.png

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

PeterLacken
Level 7
Hi,

calling a process from a process using the process stage has to be done be reference to the actual process and therefore can not be dynamic as you hope for.  Also this approach of calling processes from processes is not advised due to increased memory usage.

I would suggest you use the command line argument AutomateC together with the switch that can run a process and send in the process name as an argument to that. This way you have achieved dynamic process name handling.

Peter

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@rria.no
http://www.rria.no