cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Get Next Item from a queue?

I have taken a collection from a sheet, then I removed the blank rows, now I want to put this 'new collection' (which is without blank rows) in a queue and then get the first item from this queue. The problem is when I use the ' Get Next Item' it retrieves me a blank row. Why is that? I have already removed all the blank rows from the first collection.

Any idea? And I'm not understanding why in the Add to Queue is used the name of the queue as input, not as output.

enter image description here

enter image description here

--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by Mauro Henrique.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check if the queue contains items from your earlier experiments. Get Next Item will default to FIFO order, so if you have old items created from a collection with empty rows, then maybe that is what is coming out with Get Next Item. From Control Room you can right click on the queue rows to delete items (NB pending items need to marked as exception before deleting is possible).

------------------------------
John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check if the queue contains items from your earlier experiments. Get Next Item will default to FIFO order, so if you have old items created from a collection with empty rows, then maybe that is what is coming out with Get Next Item. From Control Room you can right click on the queue rows to delete items (NB pending items need to marked as exception before deleting is possible).

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism