cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with "Find in Worksheet" in MS Excel VBO

EmekaOzonze
Level 3

Hi, I have noticed that when working with "Find in Worksheet", the Success flag always outputs to True, whether it finds the search item or not. Has anyone had this same problem?

------------------------------
Emeka Ozonze
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

The Find in Worksheet action has been part of the updated vbo on the DX for a couple of iterations that I know of.

Sorry haven't used it, but wondering if the success flag is indicating whether the search worked and completed not whether it found anything, is there any more useful info in the Output Message when the search returns empty?

Regards

Kirk

Kirk Russell Senior Robotics Developer
NHS Dorset

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

harish.m
Level 12

HI Emeka Ozone,

I don't find action called Find in worksheet  in  MS excel VBO,  Probably it might be created your internal team.

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish Mogulluri
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your reply. "Find in Worksheet" is an action in MS Excel VBO. It's the action after "Export as PDF" (in alphabetical order).

Warm regards,

Emeka Ozonze

The Find in Worksheet action has been part of the updated vbo on the DX for a couple of iterations that I know of.

Sorry haven't used it, but wondering if the success flag is indicating whether the search worked and completed not whether it found anything, is there any more useful info in the Output Message when the search returns empty?

Regards

Kirk

NHS Dorset

Hi Kirk,

I see what you mean. Success most probably means the search completed (irrespective of whether it found any results). I looked at the VB code, and wondered why it started with marking it as True at the start of the try block, but it makes sense now.

The Output Message would contain the error message if it didn't carry out the search successfully.

To solve the problem, what I did was call "Find in Worksheet", and call "Count Rows" (from Collections VBO) on the output collection. If the result is zero, then no results were found.

Warm regards,

Emeka Ozonze

Hi Emeka

Glad you got a way forward. I agree,  would probably go for that too - checking rows in the output results collection.

Regards

Kirk

NHS Dorset