cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Excel VBO

bonumeghana
Level 2

Hi,

Can anyone please try to help me with this error. I recently added MS Excel VBO from digital exchange. New to the Blueprsim.

During an excel operation I am getting the following error: When I'm trying to open workbook

Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Culture is not supported.
Parameter name: culture
0 (0x0000) is an invalid culture identifier.

8287.png

Following are the steps which I am doing in BP:
Create instance->open workbook-> show->get worksheet as collection->close instance

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Meghana

------------------------------
Bonu Meghana
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Meghana, welcome to Blue Prism and I'm glad you found your way to our community!

Which version of Blue Prism do you have? And are you using the latest version (v10.1.11) of the Excel object from the Digital Exchange?

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/ms-excel-vbo

It sounds like an issue with determining the culture info your computer is configured for. What language/region do you see in your Windows settings? Start Menu > Settings > Time & language (on Windows 11)

8262.png

It sounds like there is a chance that changing to English (United States) may satisfy the Excel code library.

Charlie Kovacs
Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, USA
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

Hi Charlie,

I'm using Blueprism 7.3.0 and latest version (v10.1.11) of the Excel object.

Even I changed to Region United States. Still showing same error.

8266.png

Still not satisfy the excel code in open workbook.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Meghana

Bonu Meghana

Hi Charlie,

When I check with the code, showing no errors.

8273.png

But when I run the process, showing internal exception as shown below screenshot.

8274.png

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Meghana

Bonu Meghana

What happens if you try to open a different Excel file? I would also be curious to know if the error persists if you use the Excel VBO to first create a new workbook (and save it, close it) and then try to run the Open Workbook action on it. Basically, this would help determine if there is an issue with the Excel file itself or something else.

Charlie Kovacs
Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, USA
Charlie Kovacs Sr. Digital Exchange Engineer Blue Prism Austin, USA

I need your help. I use Blue Prism 7.3.0 - Learning Edition. I don't understand how to download the Excel VBO.

JayantG
Level 2

JayantG_0-1714116225840.png

same issue is occured