cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook Get Received Items Basic

QuinnAnderson
Level 3
Hi,

I'm trying to run a 'Get Received Items Basic' action with the MS Outlook VBO.  But this error triggers every time I run it - Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Object variable or With block variable not set.

I'm new to Blue Prism so I don't know if I'm missing a step or anything.  Do I need to run a step before running the Get Received Items command?  Eventually I'm planning on running some filtering but at the moment I'm just trying to test if Blue Prism can connect to my Outlook.

------------------------------
Quinn Anderson
12 REPLIES 12

I did what you suggest with no joy, there was a difference it the way I was imputing the email "x.x@ABC.com" vs "X.X@ABC.com" What I did get to work before you replied was using the Subfolder "Subfolder" and I just tried using the name of sender instead of email and that worked. 

My next question is: using the Save As VBO for outlook.. You have to have an "Entry ID" (which I took from the collection) and had a file path. Below is the error I am getting. Any thoughts.
I used quotes around the file path.
I used the "Entry ID" from the collection(Text) and gave the file a name to use.

What am I missing here? Thanks

7003.png

7004.png

Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York

I figured out my other issue. I was putting quotes on my file path and had to add a backslash.  Rookie mistakes.

Thanks

Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York

No worries. Gotta love that helpful error: "The operation failed." Hahahahaha!

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA