cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Connector for Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook Released!

ewilson
Staff
Staff
All,

A new connector is available, on the Digital Exchange, for working with Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook. This is a complete design of the previous Microsoft Graph API - Outlook connector.

The new connector is implemented as a traditional VBO (Visual Business Object), so there are no issues with being able to download and save attachments directly from the connector. This connector has similar actions to the legacy Outlook VBO, but since it leverages Microsoft Graph API, behind the scenes, it does not require Outlook to be installed locally on the runtime resource.

Some things to be aware of:
  • The legacy Outlook VBO exposed multiple actions (i.e. Basic, Advanced, and Expert) for retrieving emails from the Inbox or Sent Items folders. The new VBO simplifies and consolidates these multiple actions into a single action that support OData $search and $filter options. Refer to the documentation for links to further Microsoft information about using these properties.
  • Microsoft limits the size of attachments when sending emails via the Graph API. Their documentation is a little confusing on what the actual max size is. The Graph API documentation implies that singular file attachments can be up to 150MB each, but Exchange Online limits the overall size of a Message (i.e. headers, body, attachments, etc all together) to no more that 150MB. In our testing, the latter appears to be the actual case. 

You can find the new connector at the following link:

Microsoft Office 365 - Outlook

#BPTechTips #DigitalExchange #Outlook

Cheers,
 ​​​

------------------------------
Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange
------------------------------
72 REPLIES 72

Hi @ewilson

Have you encountered the issue mentioned above please? 

@cathgen if there's a lot of email, Graph is likely paging the results. There should be an output property on the action called Next Page URI. You'll want to pass the value of that data item to the Get Next Page action in order to get the next page of emails. Then you'll need to check the output data item Next Page URI from that action too. If it's set, you'll need to call Get Next Page again. Basically, you do this in a loop until the value of Next Page URI is empty.

This is just the way the Graph API, and most other RESTful APIs that handle large datasets, work.

Cheers,
Eric

Hi @ewilson 

Im clicking the link you provided for the new connector but I'm getting an authentication error saying i need to log in to access it although I am already logged into the dx.

michaeloneil_1-1720622800129.png

@michaeloneil thanks for letting me know. Seems the connector was inadvertently set to be private. It's fixed now.

Cheers,
Eric

kiranb25
Level 4

@ewilson / All,

I am facing an issue while sending an email with attachment "400- Bad request" any suggestions will help 

kiranb25_0-1722424303427.pngkiranb25_1-1722424381912.png

Microsoft 365 Outlook VBO latest 1.5v

In Attachments variable i am passing the path of the file with filename.

Thanks,

@kiranb25 can you show the value of the attachment variable? I've tested with attachments both bigger and smaller than 3MB, per the VBO logic, and both tests ran fine.

Example:

ewilson_0-1722435969148.png

Cheers,
Eric

kiranb25
Level 4

@ewilson Appreciate your quick response,

attachment = "C:\Users\bbbb\Documents\Test for API.xlsx" its empty file less than 3MB.

kiranb25_0-1722436749811.png

endpoint: "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/testtt@test.com/messages/AAMk1111111111111MjZlLTNmZTctNGEyZi1iNDMAAAAA6YtmKLjSmS57Pm_lEQoRLBwCKgdnFQjmOQ6Svo2kLNAEPAADbpJ9jjVpqR70CKx3EDYRnAAESW9WlAAA=/attachmen...

Thanks,

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@kiranb25 what version of the Utility - HTTP VBO are you using?

Cheers,
Eric

@kiranb25 it turns out there's a bug in v1.5 related to adding the attachments. You can see it in the following thread. The version I was testing with was actually slightly older and didn't include the reference attachment section. We'll get it fixed ASAP.

Object error - Microsoft 365 - Outlook - 1.5.0 - SS&C Blue Prism Community

Cheers,

Eric

@ewilson     Utility HTTP --V10.0.1

kiranb25_0-1722440413325.png