cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python and Blue Prism

ewilson
Staff
Staff

With native support for Python coming in Blue Prism v7.4, the DX team decided to publish a tutorial for those users running on BP v7.3 or older who may not be able to upgrade to v7.4 immediately. This tutorial provides quite a bit of detail about how to get Python up and running within BP Code stages using the opensource package PythonNET. However, for the absolute best experience with Python and Blue Prism, you'll definitely want to upgrade to v7.4 once it goes GA.

For those BP users interested in experimenting with GenAI and LLMs this can help immensely, since most GenAI/LLM frameworks are developed in Python.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/tutorial---pythonnet

Cheers,
Eric

6 REPLIES 6

Kirk.Russell
Level 6

Thanks for this Eric

However I can't open the Tutorial link on the DX, it comes up in the search but when I click on it, just takes me back to the same search screen. Other items in the search open okay, so I think it is just an issue with this asset? Also direct link from the post gives asset not found result for me.

Regards

Kirk

Hi @Kirk.Russell 

The link is fixed now.

Cheers,
Eric

@Kirk.Russell wrote:

Thanks for this Eric

However I can't open the Tutorial link on the DX, it comes up in the search but when I click on it, just takes me back to the same search screen. Other items in the search open okay, so I think it is just an issue with this asset? Also direct link from the post gives asset not found result for me.

Regards

Kirk

Great spot @Kirk.Russell - this has now been fixed!

Kirk.Russell
Level 6

Thanks Eric

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Thanks @ewilson, cant wait to upgrade to Blue Prism v7.4 version and use the native code stage support for python. As of today we are using "Blue Prism - Utility Script Execution VBO" to run python scripts and while it does a decent job with Python installed, the native support for python in BP will certainly streamline the development.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

This sounds really exciting and opens up more possibilities to the world of the latest tech stack that can be natively integrated with BP!