cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional Settings - Set System Language doesn't work in Control mode

TheodorosPapaso
Level 3
Hi All,
I have a solution which is using a CRM system. While CRM system is launching switches the OS language to Greek. However, I need to switch back to English-US for inserting some text later. I tried using the Regional Settings object with the Set System's Language. While I am using it with F10 in process studio it works perfectly fine. However, once I am running the full process from the control room it is totally ignored. I noticed that it is also ignored if I use  step out in Process Studio and put the breakpoint enough steps after the Action of language steps. Any idea why such inconsistency occurs and how I can potentially resolve it?
Thanks in advance!
Cheers,

------------------------------
Theo
2 REPLIES 2

JamesMan
Staff
Staff
Hello,

I can't seem to find the "Regional Settings" Object that you are referring to.  Could you provide a link to it on the Digital Exchange so that we can investigate further? But based on your description, it may be necessary to add in some "Sleeps" in your process to slow down the execution flow, as it may be the case where the process has gone on to further steps before the actual language change has been completed.  Try adding in a 5 second Sleep time after your language change, and see if is works in the Control Room.  If it does, you can reduce that sleep to a value that you find appropriate. 

The major difference between executing a process from the studio and from the control room is the execution speed.  The control room runs much much faster than the studio, which is why I've suggested to add a sleep to see if it helps.

James Man
Professional Services
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

Hi James,
Thank you for your response!
I joined the project much after it started and I had the wrong impression that "Regional Settings" object was by default in Blue Prism. Unfortunately I was not able to find a link in Digital Exchange. Regardless, the code doing it is the below:

string myLanguage = Language;

InputLanguage.CurrentInputLanguage=InputLanguage.FromCulture(new System.Globalization.CultureInfo(myLanguage));

Code works fine in Process Studio
Regardless my experiments with the sleep usage it still doesn't work. Seems that when the CRM is running somehow is blocking it. I tried detaching CRM but still didn't work.

Theodoros Papasotiriou