cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of changing Blue Prism language

franlem2
Level 4
Hello,
Except regarding exception messages, what is the impact of changing Blue Prism language (change language is  on the login console)  ? Does it impact Date formats, region settings or anything else?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

------------------------------
François Lemarié
Blue Prism Consultant
Inetum Capital Market
Europe/Paris
2 REPLIES 2

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hello,
The impact of changing localization in Blue Prism depends on the BP version you are using.

We are using 6.9 and localization changed for us 
- data formats (date, decimal point/comma, ...)
- certain internal messages
- internal formulas (used in Action stages) needed semicolon instead of comma (this is similar to Office I think)
- Attribute names in Application Modeler changed and also their values
Also Excel files might not open anymore but throw an exception.

Localization in BP does not affect Windows regional/culture settings.
Windows regional/culture settings may impact the behavior of BP localization. Two workplaces with the same BP localization but different Windows culture may behave differently.

As far as I can remember there was a BP localization guide but I am unable to find it right now.
Part of this guide was setting setting Windows culture in VBO as described here:
Support Center | Blue Prism Portal

More recent versions do behave differently when using localization so some of the points mentioned above may not apply. 

This all sounds a lot but it all depends on what localization/languages you are going to mix. 
In our configuration, we mixed Windows Language (English or German) with Windows Region (European) with BP localization (English) which didn't work at all (in v6.9!)
I assume you want to set all French? This should not be an issue. Just make sure all workplaces (and servers) have the exact same settings.

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna

...additionally to Walter's excellent answer, you may want to keep an eye on the default delimiter for CSV files. We run English out of the box and have to remember setting this delimiter to the value assumed by BP, which differs from what we're used to using internally and nationally.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)